FOCUS GROUPS FOR
INNOFACT as an online pioneer in quantitative research has of course implemented processes to be able to conduct focus groups online. In the online focus group, concept ideas can be evaluated, causes for consumer behaviour can be identified or approaches for brand positioning can be developed.
Focus groups are offered by INNOFACT as an indispensable part of the portfolio and have been successfully used for clients for years. Experienced psychologists and communication scientists as moderators and project leaders guarantee efficient market and social research. With INNOFACT Focus Groups Online, group discussions can be conducted virtually under the moderation of a market researcher who is also digitally connected.
Subjects can be recruited nationwide, in contrast to physical focus groups, where there should always be proximity to test studios, as otherwise the journey for the discussion participants/subjects is very time-consuming.
The implementation of online focus groups is more cost-effective than face-to-face focus groups.
Neither the respondent nor the client have to fulfil any special software requirements. So no software solution needs to be installed, as the online focus groups also work completely browser-based. The discussion participants/test persons only need a camera on their PC/laptop or tablet.
- Subjects can be recruited from the INNOFACT online panel according to the target group definition. Of course, additional subjects can also be recruited by telephone or via INNOFACT’s Xing recruitment.
- The procedure of an online focus group is absolutely comparable to a group discussion in the studio. All participants in the group can see each other on their own PC or tablet screen. The moderator leads through the discussion using a discussion guide and the various discussion participants have their say.
- In the course of the online discussion, stimuli such as text, images, audio or video can be added as usual.
- The moderator has a “whiteboard” similar to a flipchart at his disposal on which he can draw, mark or collect and sort contributions from the group discussion (e.g. characteristics of brands, etc.).
- The online focus group can be recorded in its entirety via audio, video (in compliance with DSGVO) and chat.
- The moderators themselves can write to individual participants in the chat area or to all in the group.
- The client can observe the group anonymously from his own computer, just like in the studio behind the mirror wall.
By the way, a group size of six participants within an online focus group is ideal.
Good to know: All the services described can also be requested in modular form or separately. For example, you only need the software to conduct the online focus group? No problem, just contact us!