The product experience
People have to experience products in order to be able to make a well-founded judgement. Especially when evaluating “real” new products, which go beyond a pure line extension, haptics and taste perception often play an important role.
INNOFACT therefore offers holistic surveys as face-to-face surveys in the test studio, product tasting and, if necessary, blind tasting.
Entire product and food categories would not have been created, if customers had only been asked whether they brew product X or Y. Only when test persons can actually see or even try the product it becomes apparent whether and how it could fit into daily use situations.
INNOFACT has access to a wide range of test studios throughout Germany. Together with trained interviewers and well-equipped test stations, which also include kitchens with sufficient refrigeration facilities, INNOFACT simulates a real product experience that enables the test persons to make a realistic assessment.
- The client sends the test samples (in sufficient quantity and – if relevant – taking into account the cold chain) directly to the selected test studios.
- INNOFACT develops a questionnaire tailored to the customer’s questions.
- The interviews are carried out by interviewers specially trained for this project.
- The interviews are carried out via CAPI interviews as online questionnaires. The interviewer enters the answers of the respondents, who are interviewed directly in individual interviews, directly into the PC or tablet. This saves time and money.
- There is no need for subsequent data acquisition!
- The interviewer presents the test products, as well as the response scales and corresponding images to the respondents.
- The client has the option to be on site on a day of the election and can watch interviews with test subjects through a one-way mirror.
- What wishes and needs do consumers have with regard to the product investigated?
- Does the intended perception of taste correspond to the consumers?
- Which recipe is better used by consumers, and why?
- How does the product taste also in comparison to the competition?
- Are changes in the recipe of an existing product perceived and if so, what influence does this have on the product and brand image?
- Would the customer try, buy or recommend the product?
- Starting points for optimisation in order to position the product better on the market.
- Generation of relevant insights regarding optimisation potentials and adaptation of the product idea to the wishes and needs of the consumers.
- Ideas for possible revision or adaptation of communication and product description.
- Decision support for follow-ups, revisions or readjustment of the product strategy.
- Detailed information on the holistic perception of the product idea (concept, look, feel, taste) from the consumer’s point of view.
- Delivery of results by means of an easily understandable and meaningful report including management summary and recommended action.
- Many years of experience with studio tests.
- Pre-recruitment of test persons (if necessary or desired) via the nationwide INNOFACT consumer panel.