MEASURING THE SUCCESS OF ADVERTISING ON FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, TIKTOK & CO
More than two thirds of digital advertising is played via mobile devices. Above all, advertisements in social media apps such as Facebook, Instagram and TikTok are continuously increasing in importance.
With the announced ban on 3rd party cookies at Google, digital advertising effectiveness measurement is also becoming increasingly difficult. Many relevant questions about measuring advertising success in social media apps can therefore not be answered with the given data.
Therefore, a new way is needed to track the entire advertising and user behaviour in social media apps independently and also without cookies – from one’s own company but also from the competition. For this purpose, INNOFACT offers the tool In-App-Ad-Analytics together with Murmuras.
Who, how often and in which context is reached by which advertising in social media apps is a “black box” for many companies. When measuring the performance of marketing measures, companies are therefore faced with “walled gardens” and are ultimately dependent on the data of the platform operators. This problem is solved by the in-app ad analytics tool.
One or more social media apps are defined (e.g. TikTok, Instagram, Facebook). Now the advertising success of your own company can be analysed in comparison to the competition. The comparison is possible on the basis of campaigns and keywords in the advertisements. In addition, accompanying surveys can be played out to the users of the apps during the observation period.
The following KPIs/attributes are analysed by target group and social media app:
- All ad impressions with content, time stamp, company/brand
- Impression duration (how many seconds did the users see the respective ad on the screen?)
- Advertising interactions (clicks, likes, shares, comments)
- Location of the advertisement in the app (example Instagram: feed, stories or reels)
- Usage times of the app (e.g. by day, time, target group)
- How often are your own campaigns seen by the respective target groups (e.g. impressions in TikTok, Instagram)? Which campaigns do the competing companies use to advertise?
- How long is your own advertising viewed in the respective social media apps? Are the competitors more successful?
- With which advertisements and which brands does one’s own target group interact the most?
- How is the advertising success in relation to specific target groups (age and gender)?
- How does your own target group behave in Facebook, Instagram, TikTok & Co (e.g. app usage by duration, time of day)?
- Preparation of all KPIs in a clear dashboard
- Individual password-protected access for marketing or market research managers
- Presentation of KPIs for own channels as well as competitors in comparison
- Very efficient setup that minimizes survey costs and enables new study approaches as well as the combination with other methods
- Possibility of questioning during the observation period to investigate further motives of usage behavior
- Measurement of normal media use under real conditions without laboratory situation